This'll be something. I've gone weeks without writing a word and here I am with one blog published and working on another one.
My best friend is getting married. Haven't I mentioned this before? Have I forgotten to gush?Well clearly I'm an idiot if I let such an important event go un-noted. I should have cause this is HUGE. A is marrying D. D is marrying A. I'm over the moon. The fact that she called me almost immediately to cry out in excitement that 'D just proposed!!!' was months ago still doesn't diminish the awesomeness of the event.
I've written about A many times so most of you are well acquainted with my love for my girl. But you don't know about D. Let me tell you about D. He's F'in awesome. He isn't bad on the eyes (read that as totally drool over material (but then again so is A)); smart (since he chose A in the first place :P ); has a sense of humor that completely and totally is complimentary to A's; can, will and has danced for me at the drop of a hat just upon a simple request in the middle of a restaurant while admitting that he has the white-man overbite; is supportive, not over-clingy, over needy, over anything; and the most importantly, makes A insanely happy.
So of course I've looked forward to the engagement announcement ever since she indicated to me that their relationship 'seemed' (yeah, as if I couldn't have figure that out after she told me about their first 'date') to be going in that direction. And when it came (the announcement that is), I naturally put the phone down, pounced upon my darling man to scream out that A and D were engaged (!!!) and assured him with what could only be described as total and utter confidence that of course we were going to be invited to the wedding (whether she liked it or not).
Here's how my girl shocked me. A few weeks later (or was it months...? time is irrelevant anyhow in this situation) she leaves a voicemail message at work saying 'hey call me, I have to ask you something, it's not an emergency so no rush'. Naturally I called her back immediately. And in typical A fashion, she says "well I just wanted to ask you, and of course you don't have to say yes but...um...uh...*insert pause here*...will you be my *lowers voice to almost a squeak* maid of honor *finishes timidly*?"
Three words people, only three words that exploded in my head:
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, so I'm excited. I'm totally geeking out here but how absolutely flattering and...how honored am I? I even gushed on excitedly to my mother on the phone and believe me, I NEVER gush to my mother. *shakes head*
Now I have a lot to look forward to blogging about. I'm going to have to arm wrestle my girl into getting together with me so that we can discuss her wedding plans (if for no other reason but just to know what it is that she's planned/planning).
Can you imagine? A maid of honor.
*giggles in excitement*
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOO HOO!
Expect another phone call like that from me soon.
=)
Post a Comment