Friday, July 24, 2009

Catch up with my life

So recently I've lost my mojo for writing, okay maybe this phenomenon isn't so recent. As many of you know this happens frequently so I'm done apologizing. But it appears as if at this moment my hereto missing mojo is back (though for how long I can not say) and I feel it is appropriate to catch people up on what's happening in my life. The fact that most of those people who read my blog are the same people who I see on a daily (or at least frequent) basis is not important. I'm writing, that's what's key.

I've already informed my readers (all 4 of you) that my bestest friend is getting hitched and I've been asked to be the maid of honor. Well to add to this news is the following:

My girl V is also getting hitched. Her man AG popped the question in mid April and let me just say...thank the lord...cause if he hadn't, I'd have to figure out how I could get enough money for her bail cause sure as rain she would have murdered him. Happily they are on the path to planning a wedding (the word 'happily' could be strongly contested but I'm sticking to my guns and using it). V may have managed to pick out her dress (though she claims that she's going to have to go back and take another look), she has no venue, no date, no guest list....basically, she's moving along nicely :)

My girl S also got proposed to by her man whilst going on a nature walk. She was in the midst of screaming "here beaver, beaver, beaver" (soooo many jokes, soooo little cyberspace) when the frustrated groom-to-be told her to turn around, dropped to one knee and asked her to be his. Totally sweet. That cow broke the news to me on FB instead of CALLING me (I know you read this biatch and there's payback still to be dealt out due to this). I'm super thrilled for my Mongo-Paki girl and her Marine. They have managed to set the date (10-2-10) as well as the venue and several other details. As if this wasn't big news enough S also honored me with the request ot be one of her bridesmaids! Yes my loves, I'm in another wedding! And I'm also helping S's planner plan the mehndi where I promised S that I would finally dust off my dancing shoes and perform a bollywood dance in honor of the couple. Should be a cluster fuck but she seems excited :P

My girl A, after having asked me to be her maid of honor and picking out super cute dresses from JCrew managed to book the venue, then her wedding plans came to a screeching halt. I've been poking appropriately when needed to get her butt in gear but I also know that she'll get to things on her own time. I'm not worried about her and she knows that I'll always be here for her. Which reminds me, flowers...flower shops in Fredricksberg...check!

My niece, who's in Bangladesh, is in contact with a young man from the States (of course it was arranged). This means there may be a 4th wedding in the works next year. I just hope that she doesn't try to screw up my plans by plopping her own wedding down in the midst of any one of the others I'm supposed to be attending. This could create a huge problem. Crap.

On the non-wedding front:

My boss left the firm. He came in on a Friday, announced he was leaving, and was gone by 5pm that evening. He went to another firm. Astonishingly enough, I miss him.

His secretary and my girl Mic has followed him. She's been gone for about 2 weeks now. Well, to be honest the firm laid her off but she wanted to go and they knew she was going so it's all good. I'm going to miss not having her down the hall within easy accessibility. Did I mention that Mic managed to get herself knocked up...AGAIN? Yup, 8 months after the birth of her boy...heh. I was the first person she told *preens*. I'm also planning her baby shower.

Today is Fo's last day at our firm. He's decided to "pursue other interests" which basically means he's going over to the firm that my now x-boss and Mic is at as well as getting a PHAT raise. I'm not mad at him! I can't say much about this simply because I'm overwhelmed with sadness at losing him as a work partner. But he knows (and I sincerely hope he does) that I wish him nothing but love and luck and I know he'll shine (as he always manages to do) even while he appears as if he's in a perpetual state of sleep.

I have a lead on getting one of my books published but I can't talk about that just because I'm a superstitious soul and don't want to jinx myself.

I also have started to take classical vocal classes with my dad which I LOVE!

Um...I can't remember anything else right now though I have a strong feeling that what I wrote so far is long enough.

More to come later ya'll.

1 comment:

Sasha said...

LOL

The proposal was perfect, according to mine and Andrew's screwball silliness.

=)

Exciting stuff I tell ya! And we're ALL going to do a bollywood dance and you will help me in choreographing one also. It will be a jolly great time. You, Shaista and Sarvat are my wedding planners and I LOVE it.

I've decided that I want yellow roses and stargazer lilies as two of the flowers in the flower theme. (Along with more to add more color)

Wedding planning is FUN! FUN! FUN!