Was the last time I blogged on May 12? That was ages ago. I can't believe it.
My life has been rather topsy turvy, full of the unexpected and some of the expected. I can confidently say that I have no faith in life anymore though because the bad always out-weighs the good.
They say that breaking up is hard to do...well it is especially so when it's your friend. For me, lovers were always easier to break up with than with friends. I find this still to be true even so many years later after my last break up with a friend. This time though, my heart needs to find a way to move on cause whereas before I was still rather immature and knew where I was wrong and yet strove to prove that I was right, this time I know that I haven't done anything wrong and feel no need to defend myself. It's a strange place to be actually. And the worst part of it is that I dream about this crap. One would think that at least through sleep on can achieve some sort of zen-ish state. Evidently I'm wrong.
Oh well...I'm going to have to learn to live with this I guess. I just hope that one day, the parties in question can open their eyes and see how silly all of this is/was.
On the other spectrum of my life, I've remained busy. Work keeps me hopping almost always which is a good thing since I want to take a vacation in August and will have garnered all the billable hours I need so that I don't feel the pinch at the end of the year. Also the house is coming along nicely. We received the delivery of our fabu new furniture this past weekend (which we adore) but the arrival of said furniture also forced us to review our options as far as storage for china and other glass valuables. Thus far everything had been stacked in a corner in the boxes we had packed them when we moved from MD to VA. Now with the addition of our glorious new goods (i.e. the table and chairs) we realized that the ugly brown boxes just didn't bring that 'something' to the room so Saturday morning, once my SIL and niece came over, we delved into boxes and started pulling out stuff and organizing. It was as if a china store had blown up in my dining room :-/
As my husband gaped at the amounts of goodies being pulled from the boxes and my SIL squealed with delight (she just got back from Bangladesh after 5 years of being missing from my life *le sigh* so she missed the accumulation of most of my stuff), I looked at everything with a sinking heart. What the hell was I going to do with all this...erm...stuff? At the end of the day everything was placed in strategic areas throughout my basement (closet) and house (on and within the new square shelving I purchased not long ago but had yet to adorn with knick-knacks). I think I've basically got a handle of things now so all's good in the world.
Another good thing was that I got my herbs planted (in the form of cilantro and mint) and I think tonight when I get home I'll be transplanting one plant from it's former home to a new and improved larger place. Not bad for a gal with one of the blackest thumbs this side of the Mississippi.
Other than that, this weekend was sort of a semi bust. I had visions of waking up at 2 pm after which we (P and I) would rush outside and partake in all sorts of fun and frolic. Uh yeah, I should have known better. Instead I woke up on Saturday (freakishly early at 9am) and started to putz around the house until P informed me that my mother was going to spend the weekend with us. In a total frenzy we started to unpack and clean the house so that the minute she walked in the door she would NOT look at me and go 'you're house is a mess'. Not that she's ever had a reason to say it before but still...
I love having my mother over though. When she doesn't get into one of her funks, she's so fun and she loves to cook (hell that's always a plus!) and I love to see her in my kitchen, since everything of mine will always be hers. The only thing I don't love is when she bitches but then again, I bitch too so it's okay. We all bitch don't we?
When she left, I found myself holding onto her weeping like a 5 year-old. It was insane and I couldn't stop myself. Having her in my house with me was so lovely that even going away and not frolicking in the sun seemed perfectly okay though later that night I felt depressed at the notion that we wouldn't hadn't gone out at all except for taking a drive up to Mount Vernon and stopping for about an hour so my niece could romp around outdoors.
Back at work today my friends have come into my office and each have systematically told me how much they wished the weekend hadn't ended. I understand the sentiment totally. *sigh* when's our next 3 day weekend????
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment