Dear God,
I thank you for the life you've given me, my husband, my parents, my in-laws, my family, my friends, my job, my...well everything. I thank you for health and wealth and pray that those things you have not given thus far, will come in time. That being said God, here is what I ask you for...
I ask you to give my family strength to face what is yet to come.
I ask you to give my Phoopi courage to face death with strength and courage though I'm not certain how one actually achieves such a thing even with your support.
I ask you to give my cousins strength to let their mother go onto the afterlife, where Inshallah YOU will grant her peace in heaven, even when they don't want her to go.
I ask you to grant my cousins peace in their hearts and minimize the ache that lays therein.
I ask you to take away Phoopi's pain and if you can't do that now, then make sure she feels none as she passes onto you.
I ask you to give us more time with her, to create a few more memories and in the instance you can't do that than give us the strength to let her go cause even with 3 years warning, I know
I'm not ready.
I ask you to give every single person the ability to mourn and then heal and that with the departing of one beloved soul, more do not follow anytime soon.
I ask you to grant us wisdom in understanding that death is an extension of life and that at one point or another, whether it is from natural causes or from an evil hateful thing that invades the body, we must all go.
I ask you to extend my aunts life for a bit longer so that she can see my child, Inshallah.
I ask you to extend my aunts life so that she can see her younger daughter get married, Inshallah.
I ask you to extend my aunts life so that she can meet her second daughters second child, Allhamdullilah.
I ask you to extend my aunts life so that she can one day greet her eldest daughters child into the world, Inshallah.
I ask you to consider how many young lives deserve to meet my aunt and that you may grant them the opportunity to do so.
I ask you to keep us strong and that when we do break down, we can gather ourselves back up quickly and find reasons to smile.
I ask you these things because I know Allah (swt) that in asking, you are listening and I'm not sure which one will stick but that at the end of the day, I know you're listening.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment