I realized very recently when my best friend asked me why I wasn't blogging anymore that the reason was pure exhaustion. I almost had too much to say as opposed to nothing at all. Words were driving me insane but I was unable to put them into any sort of reasonable format. I found that my brain felt exhausted and that my fingers found no solace at all in typing. That was unusual I confess. I have always been one to be able to bang out a few sentences and feel as if my soul had been lightened in some form. 2009 proved to me that sometimes being silent is better.
But now it's 2010 and I'm trying to ease myself back into a life of blogging. Sure it's nearly a half year in but that's okay, better late than never I suppose.
What has happened in the last year? Well let's see:
A US Airways jetliner decided to take a dip into the Hudson.
The world smartened up enough and put their stupidity aside to finally elect a black man as pres.
Most of us were all broke.
Welcome to Swine Flu-ville.
The man who used to grace the walls of my room as a teenager, Micheal Jackson, died.
The US still had men in Afghanistan.
Roman Polanski, the pedophilic bastard, was arrested in Switzerland and then subsequently released on a 4.5 million dollar bail.
Cancer was clearly getting the best of my aunt.
I was asked to be a part of 3 very dear and close friends weddings.
Besides the last two, everything else you probably remember unless you were living under a rock somewhere in the boondocks somewhere where there is no television, radio or internet (does such a place truly exist??). As for the more personal things that have happened, well...I'll be writing them in separate blogs so that this one post isn't 10 pages long.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment