Crickets,
I've wandered far from my place of comfort, a place where I've found solice and the opportunity to express my feelings without fear of censer (well at least not any that I give a particular damn about). Ever since the first blog posted by myself, I felt as if in some silly way, I had come home. Well evident from my complete lack of blogging of late, home has remained elusive to me, both literally and figuratively.
I wish I could say that I'm back for good, that I shall be diligent in my blogging and that every thought I have will be posted even before it crosses my mind (which has known to happen many times) however I know with certainty that I would be lying and working in the profession that I do (oh bite me) I can not lie w/o perjuring myself.
Ahem.
So I basically am promising nothing. The only thing that I know for certain is that my days are endless, nights equally so, completely consumed with work. I eat, breath, sleep, and burp work. I hate my life right now. I'm full of angst and unhappiness and it shows in my face I fear. I walk around glum, scowling at the world as it moves along in its every day-ness. I envy those who can go home to do their laundry or stand at a stove and make food which will be shared with either others they love or their cat. I envy those who have time to leave early just to meet up with friends for a drink or dinner and laze around outside in soft humid nights talking and laughing and not maniacally checking their crackberry.
That's what I do. I'm a loser.
bah.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Why can't I ever think of anything to say other than "oh my gosh, you are such a beautiful writer." I read this post, and my heart went out to you. You love your job. You don't love the hours right now, but normally your face and voice and words give away how much fun you have at that place. You truly adore these people. So try to think about how this too will end, and you will be able to buy something pretty sweet with that nice bonus check.
Is that awful to say? My advice is only hang in there sweets, the end is coming soon (it must, and will), and when this is over, you will be able to laugh about some of the good times. There's always some hilarious lunatic moments when you are working mad hours. For example, when did I do that lean back dance again? So shameful.
that was one of my most favorite memories of HnH. I'm big enough to admit that there were lots but that one in particular, too good for words.
You've always encouraged me so when it comes to my writing (and everything else for that matter). I'll get better. I have to remember that this isn't the same as what I was doing, these people aren't he same either (thank god) and that if anything I'm solidifying my name but I guess I'm just tired.
I'll get over this too, you're right.
I love you for commenting!
Post a Comment