I don't know why I always go into Competition weekend with the thought that it's going to be calm. I should know by now that there will be craziness in abundance. This year was no exception.
Friday night, the girls (as in 8 of us) went shopping and got absolutely nothing done. We rushed home, grabbed decorations and went off to the UMBC Fine Arts building to do our magic on the stage. We did a pretty kick-ass job considering R and I had limited time in which to come up with decorations that do not look bootlegged on stage. After a couple of hours of rushing around putting up long lengths of colorful fabric which represented India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and US flags, we got home, threw on appropriate desi attire and joined another gaggle of friends at a party. We got home at 12:30am and proceeded to hang around the basement till 4. P, my cousin, not P my husband, spent the night and of course we needed to gossip till 5:30am. First stupid act of the competition since we had to be up and about at 7am.
Getting up my bro told me that Raj was sick and running a pretty nasty temp. P (my hubby) set him up with cold/flu meds which is what led to our second stupid act of the comp. This happened when by 10pm that Saturday night we found ourselves done with the day of programing and "The Friends" wanted to go out. I absolutely dreaded the idea considering the year before craziness. Luckily my Bro said that he had too much work to do and that he was opting out. I was able to convince him to go and so we all joined the other at Appleby's. Not quite a bar so how much trouble could we get into? Yeah, never underestimate. During the course of the night, our friend Raj ended up passing out twice because he was mixing booze with medication hence making that the second (and third since he passed out twice) stupid move of the night.
Technically third stupid move was when we (P (my cuz), B, Bro, R and myself) stayed up till 4am again to yack. Up on Sunday by 7am.
The last stupid move, Sunday night once home, P (my hubs) and I didn't seem like parting with the family early and ended up procrastinating our leave taking till almost 12:30am at which point we figured if we didn't go, we weren't going to go.
*sigh*
Competition
*grimace*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment