Monday, January 26, 2009

Reflections

As I believe a goodly amount of the citizens of the world were doing, I too was glued to my television on January 20, 2009 to watch one of the most historical moments I’ll probably see in my lifetime. I was bemoaning the fact that I was not there, even though I had parking and easy accessibility to the inauguration, I did not go simply because the idea of not sharing this with P, the git, (who was at work) was too horrible an idea. I should have gone.

But regardless, I watched and found myself (again and again) tearing up, my chest aching slightly, my throat closing up on me and silently saying to myself, “Thank you Allah, thank you for sending us this man.”

No, I’m not naïve enough to believe that President O is going to change the world, rid it of all it’s hatred, unhappiness’s and strife. I realize that our road out of trying times will be a long one fraught with bumps, roadblocks, detours and stop signs but I believe, I have faith that at least we have started down on this road, together and with him standing in the front, we are to be lead with determination, intelligence, faith, virtue and above all compassion.

Now as our illustrious POTUS says “let’s get to work!”

No comments: