The title sounds as if I'm about to break out into the favorite holiday song, no? It should bring to mind snow and a sled and crisp coldness that you can see your breath in puffs. Yeah well how the heck can you expect to see such a blog entry in mid-April (however now that I think about it considering global warming and the state of the weather of late it wouldn't be completely unrealistic but again I digress) unless I was reminiscing (which again wouldn't be an oddity in my blog)?
Today we went to see rental properties for my BIL. Schlepping all the way to Shady Grove we were supposed to meet one home owner at 6 for a house showing but we got there an hour early. Much to our surprise right outside the townhouse complex we found a gorgeous lake surrounded by a walking path. One of the residents who was partaking in a stroll with his 2 month old pit bull (who had plunked himself down onto the warm sidewalk and laid his little doggy head on P's shoes while looking besotfully up at P) told us that we could walk clear around the perimeter of the lake. Since we had an abundance of time, a quick jaunt would not hurt.
Setting off we walked and chatted and took pictures. We walked and walked and...walked and...walked...at one point I thought to myself "when the bloody hell will this walk end?". It went on forever and the man with the puppy had mentioned something about going through the woods and over a creek and whatnot. I don't think anyone took him seriously or we were so distracted by the warmth of the day that walking through the woods seemed like a fairly nice prospect.
One hour later, legs aching, P and R sneezing up a storm because their allergies had kicked in and a cut running up my back calf, we got back to the car with 5 minutes to spare before our meeting gasping. Ugh. Stupid bloody woods...stupid bloody river (aka creek). Jeez.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment