Sunday, April 13, 2008

*Resolved*

Me: Oh and while you're at Home Depot, pick up a new shower head.
P: Um, a new one? Isn't the one we have new?
Me: Yes, but it's not good enough, now off!
P: *sigh* Okay
Me: *mental musing* What have I done? That man is going to end up picking up the same damn thing as what we already have and then I'm going to have to get annoyed. Oh bother.
Me: *spots a scrumptuous item on the Ikea shelf and skuttles off towards it forgetting P.*
45 minutes later:
*shrill ring of cell phone*
Me: *without glancing at phone* Yeah?
P: I found the shower heads, which one do you want, there's one for 9 dollars and one for 19.99.
Me: *pauses in contemplation of wicker clothes hampers (which I absolutely adore) and thinks, "those seem a bit cheap"*
Me: *says non-challantly* those seem a bit cheap
P: Not at all. They are top of the line.
Me: *doubts this but is too distracted by wickery-goodness* Fine *mutters*
20 minutes later:
P: *shows me the shower head after picking me and his brother up from Ikea*
Me: *silent*
P: *hopeful*
Me: *trying to blame myself for him being a shopping noob and finding myself quite unsuccessful at it* This sad little thing was all they had?
P: *uncertain* Uh, no there were others...but look! This has 3 shower options and...
Me: *glares*
P: *hastily* We'll just go take another look together.
15 minutes later:
Walks out of Home Depot feeling victorious (yet a bit leary), the new (exchanged) shower head safely tucked away in a bag dangling from P's numb fingertips. In my effort to prove that every purchase need not be a 'reasonable' purchase and that 'splurging when it comes to ones every day' is a good thing, I had resolutedly pointed to the most obnoxious shower head (about a foot long and oval with 60 spouts or so in a lovey chrome finish with waterfall or targeted options for ones showering pleasure) I could find while my BIL and P gauped in shock. I could almost hear them thinking to themselves, "she's got to be kidding". I wanted to snap back, "I never kid about shower heads!" Actually I'm downright nervous at the ginormous piece of metal and wonder if the shower wall itself won't collapse from the sheer girth of the damn thing but pride has me keeping my fears to myself.

Fast forward several hours later when a very pleased P comes out of the steamy master bath, hair wet and tosseled, squeaky clean and smelling of soap only to stop at the door, grin even more broadly yet relaxed at the same time and says "that freakin' shower head rocks".

Me: *self-satsified nod and a careless shrug as if to say "I knew it all along"*

Note: What brought on this sudden need for new shower hardware you may wonder? Well a few of you know that yours truly has been quite the globe-trotter in the past few weeks. My latest stop was SFO (again) and much to my delight not only did I score a seat in 1st class (I'm not an elitist by any stretch of the imagination ya'll and you'd know it by seeing me shuffle in sporting sweats and flip flops, yet come on, everyones got to love the extra little attention damn it *looks around hopefully*) to gorgeous No. Cal. but I also was hooked up when I arrived at the hotel exhausted. The picture above is one of several snaps my geekish self took whilst running around my (ahem) corner hotel room suite. The shower and it's shower head inspired my need for a new one to bring a bit of SFO back east with me. Bascially what this all means is that my little mind has decided, nay is resolved in turning my boring hum-drum white master bathroom into the luxury bathroom suite (with maybe different granite but definitely the sexy glass doors) which you see in the picture above. Resolved I tell you, RESOLVED!

Another Note: For my more perverted minded friends who partake in my blog, no, the shower which presently is calling my home 'home' is not one of them fancy handheld dohickey's, in fact neither was the one in SFO...so stop smirking.

No comments: