Dear Crickets,
It's the night before 'the trip'. Well more like it's the morning of 'the trip' and after spending countless hours being force fed all types of herbal medicine, ginger tea's laced with honey and lemon, zinc tablets and other such remedies in order to help me navigate through a pretty bad flu, I believe I'm recovered enough to board the flight on the first leg of a journey that will take me to HK. I'm tired already and sleepless clearly seeing as how it's 3:32 am.
My new years eve was a very quiet one. I was happy cuz Ammu and Bhai came over to see me since I was so darn sick and that was nice. However they left before the new years actually rang in so it ended up being my darling P and myself in bed watching the ball drop over Times Square. I think in our 11 year marriage, it was the first new years we rang in quietly and alone. It was sort of nice acutally.
Right now I'm in a sort of post-packing haze where I am constantly tryin to recall in my head if I have everything that I need. Why is it that people traveling from one country to another (short of the destination being severely under-developed) find it absolutely essential to take every single last thing on earth with them 'just in case' but doesn't stop to realize that the same toothpaste or socks could probably be purchased at their destination as well? I'm guilty of this of course, I'm not ashamed of admitting to it. Hell my hole-y socks represent home and hearth so they are a must.
Okay, I should go to bed. I'll have lots of interesting pictures and stories to share I'm sure so keep a sharp eye out for my next month worth of entries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment