Endless. This is the only word that I have that aptly describes what I feel this project is...endless. It'll never end. FT has joked about me dreaming about getting onto a plane, traveling 16 hours only to get dropped back right at HK Airport. Nooooooooooooooooooo. SO NOT FUNNY (okay maybe it is but I'm laughing through my horror for the most part).
Then there were 2. FT and I are the only ones left, just like it was in the beginning. Good thing I like this guy cause lord help me if I couldn't stand the sight of him. DLC left last Wednesday with V. Friday EBS took off, Saturday mornin' MB flew the coop quickly followed by the NYC Biatches and TB yesterday. JZ left today along with The Wanker and Chia Pet.
This is depressing. Everyones gone. I can't stop yearning to be gone too.
Where as before you couldn't beg for a quiet moment, I have 80's music blaring out of my laptop right now just to break up the silence. FT is upstairs working on box logs for one of the custodians while I'm down here quality checking (well right now I'm working on my blog but I was qc'ing). My feet ache from standing in front of the copier for most of the day making copies of a custodians files cause we couldn't send it out for copying. I am Zen. I am calm. I will do what I have to do to get through this...calm. That's me. Yup.
I hate quality checking. I hate calling a hotel room 'home' without even realizing it. I hate walking into a quiet hotel room that's a wreck simply because I don't have the heart to tidy up since it's not like I have anything to tidy up for anyhow. I hate (loath and dispise) the only 2 movie channels on the tube. I hate the sameness of each day. I hate wearing the same clothes. I hate swiping into the facility as if this is where I work, employeed by these ppl (though I guess I am sort of). I hate that I know this building almost as well as I know work at home. I hate that boxes, brown stinkin' bankers boxes that tower over us 24/7 theatening to wall us in till we can't get out, are everywhere, absolutely fucking everywhere. I hate rubber bands (rubber bands are also loathed and dispised equally as much as the 2 movie channels). I hate the food that I'm forced to consume every single day because I've pretty much tapped out my choices at this point and so every meal is a repetition of sorts. I hate it that I can't sleep in my uber super comfy bed at home while snuggling happily upto P but instead am forced to sleep on a mattress that is so hard that I wake up every morning with a back ache. I hate that I haven't had one good night of sleep since leaving DC. I hate that I have developed (again) a seriously ugly case of bronchitis. I hate how people look at me because of the cough that wracks me (like it is at this moment) as if it's contagious and akin to friggin' SAR's. I hate that I don't know what my friends are doing. I hate that I can't pick up the phone and just call someone to shoot the breeze because when I do from here someone either a.) interrupts me or b.) the line is so bad that I hang up in frustration. I hate it (and loath and dispise and abhore) the fact that I am NOT home for the selling of our old house which effectively signals a new debt free life and the ability to be able to go out to dinner without worry if we can afford it, cause I'm here surrounded by aforementioned brown boxes. I hate it all.
I'm bitter. Sue me. On a positive note:
I love home. I love the States. I love my husband insanely much. I love my work in the States and would give anything to walk back through THOSE familiar halls. I love my friends who check up on me every once in a while and who asks me to come out for lunch/drinks/dinner/sheesha/whatever at a drop of a hate. I love familiarity. I love the smell of my home. I love the comfort of looking at my mother. I love my annoying loud extended family. I love my car (which I miss like crazy also). I love my inlaws who feel that my house is empty without me. I love my brother who chills out with me to smoke and relax when I don't even realize I need it. I love my cousins who comes to my house and raides my closet. I love my own dishes and the smell of the laundry after it comes out of the dryer. I love the plane that will take me home. I love home...have I said that before?
I wish I had a lot of gossip (which I do) but I don't have the heart nor strength to get into a heavy gossip session (since I'm all about accuracy which means it takes me hours to write all that stuff down). I guess I'm going to post again.
Love you all.
Hate HK right now (though not really).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment