I can't believe yesterday was the first day of the pull. I can't believe that I've been here for almost a week and it feels like it's been forever. I can't believe I haven't slept in P's arms in over a week. I can't believe I haven't seen my home in over a week. *sigh*
To say things were dicey the first day would probably be an understatement. We assembled at 8:30am sharp, had a quick meeting regarding procedure and by 9am everyone was off. The offices are actually quite nice, bustling with activity during the day but almost creepy quiet at night. We hadn't expected those 9 custodians on the first day to generate so much work however amazingly enough those 9 represented 44 boxes. Damn it.
People were not in happy joyous moods (not that I blame them) and a couple of people had no concept of 'team work' in particular the two twits that came from NYC. They clearly loath, abhore and hate me. As if my ass gives a flying fuck. These two clearly came here thinking they were getting a free trip with minimal work. Um...let's just say that by the time they leave their misconceptions will be been corrected. These chickies are going home as soon as two weeks are over, that's no lie...cows.
Other than that there were lots of frazzled nerves and barely repressed hostility. By 5:30pm when we all sat down for our daily night meeting we were barely able to stand being in the same room. DLC had other plans and now I'm sure glad we decided to stay because that was about the best conversation I was witness to in a long time. DF (who arrived Monday with RW and DF had this perpetual crazy vapid look on her face as if she didn't know her ass from her elbow and it didn't help that she has this absolute lunatic mane of bleach blond hair which frizzes about 10 feet up straight into the air) decided to 'respectfully disagree' with DLC on an issue regarding if we ought to tag and pull a certain sort of document. They went back and forth while all of us sat there staring in awe as they argued endlessly. By the time we rolled out, it was 8:30pm and we were beat.
That of course didn't stop us from changing and wandering into Terminal 2 to eat at Grappa's (It was MB, TB, FT, VW and myself). Good times.
Now we're back at the site and everyone seems to have a better attitude. This maybe directly attributed to everyone having gotten a good nights sleep or just pure acceptance of the fact that we're not getting out of here anytime soon.
I had an opportunity to speak to my girl for the first time after days and I have to admit, my heart ached because I missed her just that much.
As I write this, I am presently sitting at the table with my fav bunch of people listening to the Pussycat Dolls (don't ask, it seems that JZ has "Don't Cha" in two versions....TWO VERSIONS...who the hell knew there were two versions???).
Okay, miss all of my darlin' crickets left in the states, love ya'll
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
oh man... i miss you...seriously...my life feels like a self-destructive CLUSTER FUCK without you around to keep me sane...
COME BACK!
=(
Hang in there as we know these pulls can be trying! Keep your smile :)
sooo what up with HONG KONG...did ya get me some nice gooodies?
I cant wait to hear about your trip, I hope u are doin ok!! I misss ya!! i cant wait to have our wkend date=)
oops sorry! lol 'anonymous' comment was me, i forgot to leave my name!
woulda been more interesting...if radha didn't admit it was her who left that anonymous commment...heheheh....
Post a Comment