Friday, January 4, 2008

Day...Um..2, I think....

7:33 AM Somewhere High in the Sky

I’m so woozy. I can’t make heads or tails of where I am, what time it is. The only thing I do know is a.) my ass is hurting, b.) my laptop is about to die, c.) this air-pack doesn’t work for shit, and d.) we have roughly 8 more hours before touching down in HK. I believe it’s about 10:30 am in DC.

They’ve plied us with enough food to bring down the heartiest of appetites. I happily attacked the fillet that they served early into the trip but after leaving Vancouver they were aiming to foist more food on me, I had to sit back and shake my head like a belligerent little kid. I wasn’t going to eat nothing no more no way!

Yikes my computer is going to die. I may as well get some shut eye.

8:30 am January 4, 2008 HK International Airport:

Realized that I lost my one and only luggage. Just one, not 10 as we desi's tend to travel with, no no, just one bleeding luggage (even if it weighed a metric ton). Did I panic? No. This even impressed me. I simply reported it missing and trudged out of the airport in hopes to find the hotel with very little hooplah. That was not to happen though. Took us forever to find a hotel that is actually connected to the damn airport. I got to know the airport fairly well though. Departure is going to be a snap.

Had a chance to order room service, take a shower, put on the only other option I had which was a suit I had stuffed into my carry on figuring 'just in case' which in this situation was about right. The hotel is sorta ritzy. The room totally zen with expanses of blond wood and white sheets and such. Sat down to enter time and see what was going on with the US when I realized that the converters I ordered just for the trip, was WRONG. Yes, wrong. No matter that 100 people told me that the one I did order would fit just fine, it was WRONG.

Did I panic? No.

Okay the best moment though, after all that had happened, was after meeting with clients (who were lovely and seemed perfectly glad to see us) FT and I wandered to the terrace and the mountains that borders the island rose ahead directly in front of us. Oh zen. So zen. I was happy. It's been worth it. Totally.

Now I'm off to go buy PJ's, some unmentionables, and toiletries that can see me through tonight and maybe a tshirt to see me through tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

come back...enough already. i'm on the z pack. i am sick. i need my rubes to make me better.

PLEASE come back fast. i miss you so much.