Tonight was excellent but I hadn't thought it would turn out such though I shouldn't have been so damn pessimistic considering the way it started.
I woke up to find my sweetie working from home because he had a seminar to attend. Seeing him in the morning should have given me the first tip-off that the day was going to go very well. And the morning cuddle wasn't exactly a downer *goofy smile*
But then, when I got to work, I was pretty sure the day was going to head south and fast since I was in and running around immediately.
FYI - Preparing for Hong Kong is gonna drive me right into the funny farm. The logistics of the trip are mind-boggling and I feel seriously overwhelmed and the only way that I can keep myself sane is to say to myself 'this too shall pass'. It's become a sort of mantra.
Anyhow...
So then it was about lunch time and I decided I needed to see old familiar faces. I called my girls and we met and it was so nice to see them. Just to be with them like old times and laugh and joke and hear the familiar-ness (yes I know that's not even a word but whatever, I can write whatever I want in my own blog damn it) of their voices. The best thing: Ice cream after lunch!!!! The day had taken an upward swing.
Later one of my colleague/friend walked into my office. She was practically bouncing with smiles and she showed me her ceramic pumpkin. It was a gift. It had 4 little gerber daisies sticking out of it. It was hideous. She had told me so but I didn't believe it. She was so right though. We stood there side by side just staring at it, my mouth dropped open, eyes wide, a painful look writhing my face. There was nothing to say really.
But the good day turned into an excellent night when I met two friends at Zengo for drinks. There was nothing particularily notable about it. We didn't do anything out of the ordinary for regular Washingtonians but there was something...basically, it was an excellent night for no other reason other than the fact that I was able to enjoy it, because it happened.
Then to top it all off, like the proverbial cherry, after I got home my husband made me an omlete even when I insisted that he shouldn't go through the trouble of hauling his ass out of bed in order to nourish me. The precious man did anyhow, unwilling to hear my protests. Really he's amazing.
Thank you God for the excellent night (sorry about the boozing *guilty grin*).
Friday, October 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment