Saturday, December 15, 2007

Crazy Coincidences

So it was a fairly uneventful day as days go. I went to work, I worked, I wanked off for a short bit, I worked, I got home late, hung out with my sweetie and planned to zone out till I zonked out from sheer exhaustion. I have a theory about Friday’s. If I’m not really doing anything with my night (i.e. bar hopping, partying, social butter-flittery in general, etc…) then I spend it at home staying awake for as long as humanly possible. I figure this way I’m wringing out every last minute of the weekend that I possibly can so when Monday comes rolling around in all its hideousness, I can say that I made the most of my time off. Who am I kidding right? I’m an insomniac. Pfft.

So getting back to my ‘crazy coincidence’ commentary…around 12:00 am my man decides he’s sleepy and heads off to bed leaving me wide awake sitting at the breakfast table staring at my laptop chatting with my girl Sasha. She’s leaving in a few days for a fabu trip to India, Paki-land and London (not sure what I’m going to do without her on U.S. soil but I’m sure there will be plenty of blogs addressing this issue in later posts). She tells me that K texted her explaining why he’s been MIA for the last several days (again I say loudly “I TOLD YOU THAT HE’S PROBABLY GOT STUFF ON HIS PLATE AND IS BUSY AND IS NOT IGNORING YOU DAMN IT”) and I suggested that she jump into a cute outfit and suggest a nightcap. However my girl has always been one to nix a perfectly good idea quickly if she’s not in the mood so what does she do? She proceeds to whine and tell me that she’s in her jammies and does not want to venture out of her domicile. Understandable on such a cold night, so I quickly agree that she should just stay in while shivering in my own skin at the sound of the wind howling outside.

Well you’d think that this would signal the end of our conversation correct? EHNNN…not when it comes to the two of us. I tell her P is off to bed and she suddenly says “let’s go to Sheesha Palace!!” Now here I am thinking, what the fuck is wrong with this chick, it’s 12:something AM and my husband is going to murder me for even suggesting leaving the house at such a late hour considering that I told him that I have every intention of spend a 'DL' evening in instead of going to some lame movie. On and also as far as my sistah from another sperm is concerned...Um hello…you weren’t willing to meet hottie x-FBI dude but were more than willing to meet me with your jammies still on at Sheesha Palace? I love you sistah.

However by this time my sense of adventure had been peaked (in particular the prospect of sipping hot chai while lounging around at Sheesha with my girl).

Before you could say 'another round’ I was at the appointed meeting place, curled up in a comfy chair sucking down sheesha and showing off Lolita (my new laptop...don't judge). Crazy.

What’s the weird coincidence you must be wondering? Don’t worry Dolls, no coincidences so far in this long story.

To get to the coincidence lets go back in time *does the Wayne’s World sound to indicate going back in time and wiggles fingers* Earlier that evening when I was home, I was chatting with my long time friend Shaz online who informed me that her cousins often frequent Sheesha Palace and that she had been there before. This news excited me deeply since the place is about 4 minutes from my house and the very idea of running into her randomly some night gave me the happies…

Now fast forward to about 1:30 am or so and who do I run into but 3 of Shaz’s cousins (incidentally I was probably their Sunday School teacher at one time) who I haven’t seen in about…oh…5 years or so. And then if that wasn’t crazy enough, some thug ass dude comes strolling in who knows Shaz’s cousin and suddenly Sash jumps up and gives ‘Da Thug’ a hug.

Okay, just too many damn Desi’s floating around it seems. Heh.

Anyhow, good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want D1 to call me, K calls.
I think K died and I meet D2.
I want D2 to call me, K texts me.

*pulls out hair*

Oh the joys of multiple flirting.