It's hard to believe that after all the planning, agonizing, arguing, debating and preparations, P and I are sitting in Spain.
We were scooped up by my BIL and dropped off at Dulles almost 2 hours early : This was not by my choice. P, the sly git, had told me that our plane was scheduled to take off at 8pm in stead of the real 9pm departure time that it was. Once I stopped bitching I sat on the hard plastic leather seats pretty much devouring the travelers books regarding traveling, driving and playing in Europe. I kept sounding off words insisting that P also ennunciate with me. Actually that was embarrasing. He sucks at any other language but ... well anyhow...
So the plane right was nothing great. Iberian sucketh. The seats were small and cramped, the host and hostesses moved like snails on downers and I thought the food was woeful (this coming from a girl who has become quiet spoiled traveling business class).
Once in Barcelona, we found our car, motored out and promptly went in the wrong direction. Have no grasp whatsoever in the language and you'll also find yourself speeding off in the opposite direction from where you're supposed to be.
Once we figured out that we were going the wrong way (which was realized when we sat in front of some house that was dilapatated with a seedy neighborhood surrounding it as P and I looked at each other with crickets chirping away int he car) we finally zipped a U and was able to arrive with no further mishaps to our lovely hotel (http://www.melia-sitges.com/es/index.html). Our view, the Mediterranean Sea. To the right, the old city of Sitges, to the left, nothing but gleaming water.
I was exhausted. After making quick calls to the parents, enjoying sandwiches on the terrace (yes the terrace which faces the Mediterranean) I hit the sack to take a nap. P shook me awake around 9pm freaking out that everything would be closed only to be reassured by me that restaraunts typically close at 11pm in Spain.
Even so I jumped up, showered, got dressed and headed down about 1000 stairs to the beach where we sat at the Pizzeria del Puerto where we partook in a lovely relaxing dinner whilst listening to the lap of water against the docs.
We're not back in the room and anticipate getting up at the crack of ass to jump a train that will take us into Barcelona where we plan to do the 'touristy' thing. Look out for pics which will be posted eventually on Facebook.
I'm off to bed to dream of hacienda's and lovely people calling me 'Madam' in their equally lovely accent!
*sigh*
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so happy to read your blog, and excited to see your photos of Spain. Happy 12th Anniversary P and R. I love you and miss you very much, and expect a dinner invite when you return. Disponer de un maravilloso viaje! (Okay, I admit it - I went to Google translate and asked for the Spanish translation of "Have a wonderful trip") :) :) :) xoxo Big Bird
Post a Comment