It's that time of year again when all the lil darlings (and devils) pull out their cutest (and sometimes most ghoulish) of costumes and strut their stuff in order to pander their cuteness in order to score some major sweets. I'm sorry but no matter how negative people can get regarding Halloween, I can't manage to feel this way. I love Halloween because I think I'm a kid at heart still.
I still look forward to the Garfield Halloween Special and the Charlie Brown Halloween Special airing on television, no matter that I have both on DVD. I find my creative juices flowing when I considering my normally boring brick house and realize that I can turn it into a virtual representative of Halloween if I like! Unfortunately due to scheduling issues this year I haven't been able to decorate my place (which in prior years have been quite a neighborhood stopping ground). I wait anxiously by the door waiting for the children's to scurry up to it and yelling joyously' trick or treat!!!!'.
It won't matter how old I am. Never mind that I do not myself don a costume and join revelers on the streets (I don't think it's Halloween being surrounded by a whole host of 'sexy' nurses, 'sexy' witches and 'sexy' Santa's helper). I'm okay being designated as the adult who takes her nieces out. I love walking around in the gentle darkness of the night with my fellow adult chatting, greeting others, aww-ing over children who anxiously run past throwing us hasty smiles as they move to the next home, and shivering slightly in the nippy air. I don't even mind the aching feet at the end of the night.
This year my dearest niece Numa is coming over. Shaheen and I (maybe her dad and my own P as well) will be taking her through my neighborhood which is a veritable haven for candy collection. I'm excited for her since this will be her first Halloween and her enthusiasm has most certainly rubbed off on myself.
The only issue I have been facing today is that I have been super distracted at work. It appears as if half the firm employees are missing and those who are here are wandering around aimlessly waiting for the appropriate amount of time to lapse before they peace out themselves. There is also a silly get together upstairs where the theme is 'gorge our employees with sugar until they lapse into a sweet induced coma'.
Anyway, I have yet to purchase candy for the children I hope will come visiting but my girl V has promised to come with me to Target so I can grab a couple of bags which I will inevitably shove at P so he has the responsibility of passing out as I take Num out.
Well...30 minutes to go. I'm going to continue to watch the YouTube until it's time to escape.
Happy Halloween Ya'll!!!!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
where the hell have u been *frownz*
Soheri!
Post a Comment