Don’t deny it, you’re whistling the tune even as you’re reading this entry *evil smile*.
So Cricket’s we bid a fond fair well to lovely nice and set off at 12pm for the open roads that would lead us to Venice. By the time we got onto the highway our nerves were a bit frayed because when you put a GPS together with two people that didn’t speak the language (no, the GPS is set to speak in English so shut it but for those who own a GPS and have had ‘off road’ treks thanks to your electronic navigator, you’ll know exactly what I mean) you can only imagine how hesitant we were. I was driving (again) and was glad when we were on open highway roads.
The drive for the first 2 hours was breathtaking darlings, absolutely stunning that left both P and I ‘ooh-ing’ and ‘ahh-ing’ all the way into Italy and along the coast until we veered off to cut across the top half of the boot. Okay this drive wasn’t as breathtaking, in particular for the last 2 hours. P kept commenting on how poor Italy appeared boasting rundown shacks which dotted the landscape generously, big ugly abandoned warehouses almost at every turn and dilapidated silo’s and vineyards. Even the sky was overcast and depressing.
Of course the driving itself was exhilarating. I swear I was born to drive in this country (P totally agrees with me) as I hit an excess of 150kph! Zooming in and out had a smile on my lips pretty much all the way to Mestre.
Oh and be still my beating heart we drove right past Verona…aiyyo people…Verona! Verona, the setting for Romeo and Juliet. Unfortunately we didn’t stop however I did crane my neck and gazed wistfully at the steep streets of the famed village.
When we reached the Novotel, P was absolutely ecstatic to be staying at something other than the pit we had lived in for 3 days at Nice. Our room is lovely with blond wood furniture, an awesome huge bed that has 1000thread sheets and no view what-so-ever (but who cares since we’re in Mestre, a city right outside of Venice and are really utilizing the hotel just to shower, sleep and change). We partook in the food at the restaurant in the hotel and once back in our room I decided I needed another shower. I was anxious to take hairdresser to tangled mess but much to my concentration, I ended up blowing out a circuit. What the f…? To both our horror, the television appeared to have blown out.
I’m happy to report that the television is working again, unfortunately my hair is NOT straight which means I’ll be using mousse liberally on my locks from here on out, and unlike Barcelona and Nice, Italy can boast one additional channel (other than CNN, BBC and FOX *shudders*)…MTV. We watched a stimulating episode of “G to Gentleman” or something of that sort.
Okay, off to bed, tomorrow…Venice!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment