Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Day 9...Oh...wow.

I'm speechless today. I find it difficult to aptly describe my emtions.

We arrived in Rome at about 5:30 pm (actually we got to our hotel at 6:30pm because our GPS decided to go crazy and took us in nice circles for about an hour in traffic that P swears resembles that of Bangladesh). We checked into the Starhotel Michealangelo (nice hotel) and immediately set off to cross the street. Where were we going to right after having driven 5 hours (the weather was hilacious btw)? The Vatican of course which is located one block away from our hotel. In fact the first thing I did upon entering the room is to rush out into the balcony and look to the left and there it was...the Sistine Chapel glowing beautifuly at me in the early dusk light.

I dragged P out of the room, down a short block and right into Vatican City.

There it was in all it's gorgeous splendor looking down on us serenly...the Basilica which was breathtaking as was the whole of the area and I couldn't seem to tear my eyes away as I gazed in complete awe. I'm still a bit star struck hence the short entry.

I'm going to go to sleep and hope that the Tylenol that I just popped helps (I'm coming down with a cold I'm afraid, a direct result for poncying around the Venician canals at night without significant outer-wear).

More to come tomorrow.

Arrivederci!

No comments: