I’m back at work. Yes, I walked into the hallowed halls of my beloved firm and realized that I wasn’t unhappy with the idea. In fact I was downright chipper and glad to see familiar friends and colleagues. I spent the better part of the morning catching up with everyone finding out what had happened while I was gone. It sure is odd how two weeks away can seem as if it’s a lifetime. I received a lot of compliments regarding the evident ‘freshness’ of my visage (which makes me wonder how bad I looked prior to leaving…ugh) and I even had a few friends make complimentary observations regarding my locks (which I must say have curled rather well). All together I was in high spirits…
Until…
They…and I’m not naming names…realized I was back and immediately decided to make me feel very welcome by absolutely dumping mounds of crap onto my desk in a way to show me how happy they are that I’ve returned from my vacation well rested. Surely I want to work right? Bah.
Anyhow it’s now 8pm, I was going to leave an hour ago with mah gurl V to make a trek to Target in order to purchase Halloween candy for the ghouls I hope will make their way to my house however my plans were dashed quickly by Them and hence am sitting here staring at the wall of drawings my friends have done for me and posted on my cork board as their special ‘welcome back’ to me.
I guess tomorrow I’ll do the Target thing and see if I can’t bamboozle V to accompany me then.
Oh well…later ya’ll.
Um...Okay so it's later...in fact the to be precise 7:25am the next day later. No I didn't stay all night. I managed to jet out of the firm by 9pm (I hadn't expected overtime the first day of returning back to work but then again why I hadn't is still a mystery to me). I'm still not positive how I managed to drag my but out of bed at 6pm but I can assure you that when I parted the curtains in my bedroom (the ones V said were fabu but not using that word exactly) and peered out I gasped in a mixture of shock and revolution. It was still dark outside!! Who the hell leaves this early. Then I glanced behind my shoulder and saw a half asleep P swaying in front of the bathroom sink brushing his teeth. Alright, so he's the guy who's out at this early in the morning. Yuck.
The drive into work took me 10 minutes, and it took me about oh...10 seconds(!) to determine that what I had come in at such an ungodly hour of the morning for had been taken care to my satisfaction. And now I'm sitting on my butt blogging. This is sad...just so so sad. What happened to being in a big comfortable bed with a goose down comforter practically smothering me somewhere in the South of France?
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment