Thursday, November 15, 2007

DLA 2nd Annual Olympiad (and another discussion)

Me: I am not doing this.
1 of them: Come on R...you gotta do this.
Me: NO. I am not doing this.
2 of them: How can you not show solidarity?
Me: Easy, my butt staying down here shows me not showing solidarity.
3 of them: You get this lovely green tshirt.
Me: *considers*
4 of them: The tshirt is the bonus.
Me: Okay *sigh*

1 hour later:

Me: I won! I am the queen of bates labeling I tell you, the queen!!! *preening, swinging hips from side to side, dancing in place, hi-fiving the rest of the fools*
Girl next to me: You cheated.
Me: In bates labeling??? How the hell does a person cheat in bates labeling?
Girl next to me: You bent your page.
Me: *Looks at her with mouth dropped open*
Girl next to me: *blank look*
Me: *Peers over her shoulder and looks at her label page noting that she pulled off about 7 labels, even missing one. Then I look at mine, a whole line and half of the next missing. I look at the girl again.* Really? REALLY? *tilts my head to one side* REALLY? I mean, you like pulled off 6 labels.
Girl next to me: *Looks at her own page, then mine, then hers again, grimacing.* Okay, I may have stretched that abit. *flounces away*
____________________________________________

Phrase of the day: Hi-Five!!! Hi-Five!!!!

(God we are SUCH dorks.)

____________________________________________

Me: It's okay girl...you did good.
Her: It was a set up! Those paperclips were defective.
Me: Yeah, I'm sure.
Her: I can't believe it. I had strung like 20 together.
Another her: Gurl, you did sooooo good, I think it was rigged also.
Her: They messed w/them green clips. Damn green clips.
____________________________________________

Him: Okay, there was a gust of wind. Didn't you guys feel it?
Her: Where?
Him: Above me.
Her: *looks up* Um...so that's why you missed the basket?
Him: Yeah, clearly.
Another Her: So because of some wind, you missed that basket by a mile?
Him: *nods*
Me: Yeah, the artic gust was brutal.
Him: Yup *nod* *nod* *sips beer*
____________________________________________

Him: This whole thing was rigged...rigged man...rigged...Booooo
Me: Yeah...booooooo
Her: Shoot, so rigged.
Another Her: We could have taken all of them
*looks around at one another*
*sips our drinks*
*walks as a group towards the elevator*
____________________________________________
Daughter: Daddy?
Father: Mhmm?
Daughter: (keeping in mind that this is a 4 year old) Now that I have a larger bed...why haven't you slept with me? You said you and mommy would when I have a bigger bed.
Father: erm...uh...okay we'll do that some day.
Daughter: *consideringly* well...why not today? today is someday.
Father: *crickets*
__________

No comments: