We arrived here in Canada at about 5 pm. Not bad considering we had two senior citizens with us in the back and we stopped once just to have breakfast.
I really love the drive (as twisted as that sounds). The Penn moutains always stun me with their sheer majestic beauty. I believe it maybe some residue of my feelings for the San Bernadino moutain ranges in Cali. I used to love that drive as well. Anyhow...as we drove along in fairly light traffic, I noted how the landscape changed so vastly from fall to winter back to fall to just plain cold.
When we got to the Penn Turnpike I was stunned to see snow capping the mountains and as we gained elevation, sure enough snow was no longer way up in the mountains, it was all around us. I looked around with my mouth hung open. I think I wanted to see snow for the first time in beautiful fluffy flakes falling down around me AT HOME. NOT on route to Canada where it seemed as if the fall was already a day or two earlier, so it wasn't even new snow, it was simply melted residue. YUCK.. *sigh*
Anyhow, so we're here now after having eaten absolutely ridiculous amounts of food. We're going to leave to go home tomorrow morning. Mhmmm, I said tomorrow morning. Isn't that a bitch? We get here tonight, we leave tomorrow. Oh well, family is important and we do what we have to do to support our family, especially in time of great need. I consider this time to be catagorized as "great need".
My SIL's Hubs is rather sick and he has to go in for another heart surgery. No really, that wasn't a typo. Not "A" heart surgery but "Another". It's a long complicated story. But my MIL and FIL were on the cusp of booking their tickets back to bangladesh when we received the news that Luthfar Bhai must go through the procedure (angioplasty) by orders of his docs. Of course now my in-laws are not able to return home and instead were considering booking train tickets to come back up here to Canada in order to be here with their daughter and family. Naturally we understood this need but I wasn't willing to send my in-laws via train. My MIL's knees hurt and I felt as if it was my opportunity to come see Luthfar Bhai as well.
So here we are.
No matter the sheer physical discomfort or how tired we are, the fact is, it was totally worth it just to see the family and be with them (even if it's for less than 24 hours). Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
welcome back.
Post a Comment