I came home tonight feeling happy and content. You sent a very touching email thanking us for the several hours we all spent in one another’s company. There was nothing to thank us for. Friends do such things without thought, without the need for gratitude. Your smile is gratitude enough.
As I sit here now, sleepless and restless, wondering how I can show you what it is that I wish for you, what it is I pray to the Almight for you, I realize that the only way I know to do this is through my writing.
So here it is my friend, specially for you so that as you take the first step into your new life, you remember that you have nothing but love, friendship, unconditional support following you, like an umbrella as shelter, extending it's arms to protect you. These are my wishes:
I wish for you...
Endless smiles full of intimate secrets shared,
Soft touches that will sooth you when nothing else can,
Glances full of loving connection across a crowded room.
I wish for you...
Bright mornings of welcoming sunshine to herald in your day,
Long days anxiously waiting to come together again,
Endless nights of passion that leaves you replete with contentment.
I wish for you...
Mutual respect,
Mutual admiration,
Mutual goals.
I wish for you…
Moments shared across a breakfast table of quiet warmth,
Talks under round full luminous moons that you will remember years later,
Spontaneous laughter that makes you chuckle days later.
I wish for you…
The apprehension that great love generates,
The calm that the perfect union can bring,
The feeling of completion that is potential in everyone.
I wish for you…
A crowded home full of warmth, laughter, and happiness,
An existence full of caring friends and family who will share in your joy,
Memories that you can write into your journal that is worth reading to your grandchildren.
I wish for you…
Fights that will help you learn the meaning of compromise,
Disagreements that will bring you closer because being apart is far worse,
Anger that will clear the air and bring new understanding like each new dawn brings a new day with all it’s wonderful possibilities.
I wish for you...
The ability to deal with all adversity without scars,
The ability to forgive without reservation,
The ability to compromise without losing your soul or beliefs.
I wish for you...
Strength to forget the pain of your past,
To live in the sheer happiness of the moment,
To move forward into the future with the confidence of contentment on your shoulder and not burdens.
I wish for you…
Spontaneous evenings full of wine,
Spontaneous evenings full of food,
Spontaneous evenings full of pure bliss.
I wish for you…
Springs full of new opportunities,
Summers full of white sandy beaches, blue depthless seas and umbrella laden drinks,
Falls full of the wonder of God’s bounty,
Winters full of cuddling under blankets before a roaring fire while snow softly falls outside.
I wish for you…
Friends who you can turn to when you need to laugh,
Friends who you can turn to when you need to cry,
Friends who you can turn to when you need to be heard,
Friends who you can turn to when you need help,
Friends who you can turn to when you feel alone,
Friends who you can turn to when you need to be yourself.
I wish for you…
A rocker,
A porch,
Grey hair,
Smiles of contentment,
And,
Your love.
I wish for you…
Everything good in this world
Because my friend, you deserve all this and infinitely more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
...speechless...
Thank you...
Post a Comment