Normally manic is always a good descriptive word for Monday’s but not in the world of law. Nope not at all.
I can’t begin to recall the number of Friday nights I was at work till 8 pm or 9 pm, hell even later because some west coast client decides to become productive before they've been putzing around all week and realize that the weekend is looming large in front of them and want to start enjoying it ASAP and suddenly responds to all the questions that we have had pending for them since Monday! So just about 4:30 pm when I should be looking around, grabbing my bag and making a mad dash for the ‘vators, I’m instead sitting at my computer, eyes glazed staring at the screen with a sinking heart knowing that I’m not going to be going home anytime soon.
I’m sure my partners are doing jigs in place at the thought that I’m racking in the mullah for them but honestly, I’m so over it. I have a very, who the fuck even cares, attitude now. Yeah so I make a couple of bucks more but what about my life darlings? Don’t I have the right to a life?
*sigh*
Today is going to be a long, long, LONG day.
Friday, November 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment