Friday, September 28, 2007

Just another evening with my colleagues...

Him: I'm down for the trip, I have nothing better to do.
Rest of us: *looks at him*
Him: I mean I have a really full life otherwise. I'm going to have to rearrange my schedule.
Me: *snarky voice* Yeah, you're gonna have to work the Hong Kong trip around defrosting your freezer
Him and others: *falls out laughing*
*contemplative sigh since we all know it's probably true*
_________________________________

Her: When I was a kid, I made up my own nickname.
Me: You made up your own?
Her: Yes, but it's really cool.
Him: What was it?
Her: mc[squared]
*crickets*
*I look at him uneasily*
*he looks at her uneasily*
*she looks at me uneasily*
*Mc[squared] sits and nods her head as if she's just explained everything*
Me: *breaking the silence* erm...so you actually WANTED people to call you that?
Her: Uh...yeah! It's totally cool
*crickets*
Her: *Looks at everyone with narrowed eyes* Shut it, all of you.
________________________________

Me: If you don't watch it, I'm going to put this cigarette out in your eye socket.
Him: God your violent.
Me: *nods*
________________________________

Her: I'm going to get a tshirt that says 'first class passenger'
Another Her: Oohhh, that would be so classy!
Him: *Chuckling*
Me: *Giggling* No, you should get one that says, "First Class All The Way"
Another Her: *Giggling too* No no, better yet, a trucker hat that you wear onto the plane that says "First Class All The Way"
*everyone desolves into laughter*
_______________________________

Her: You know what I want to do when we travel?
Him: What? *takes a sip of his beer*
Her: *leans back* I'm going to run onto the plane first and sit in my seat in first class so that when the coach passengers walk past, they'll see me sitting there.
Him: Well on these planes the first class passengers are let onto the plane from another entrance. They won't see you.
Her: What?!?! *outraged and disappointed*
Him: Yup *nods*
Me: Oh man, that sucks. Otherwise you could have worn a tiara and waved as the others walked by.
Her: *sulks*
________________________________
Email from me: Happy hour?
Email from her (2 secs later): I'm in.
Email from him (2 secs later): I'm in.
Email from me: You two are sooooooo easy.
Email from him: It sounded like more fun than defrosting my freezer.
Email from me: Which you'll probably do AFTER the happy hour.
Email from him: No no, I swear that the reason I was going to leave early was to go to a party with lots of celebrities, champagne and Ferraris.
Email from me: Never mind that the party is a party for one...YOU. And that the celebrities, champagne and Ferraris are all located on the tube while you watch 'the life styles of the rich and famour'.
________________________________

"Black Butt Babies" [I'm so not going to explain what this is but suffice it to say, it's disgusting.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hilarious.